Automatic Stove Shut Off for Stand Alone “Plug-In” Stoves
This model is available in a 3 or 4 prong plug configuration. Please check the plug behind your stove to determine which configuration you have before ordering. No electrician is required to install this model.
This product is under licence by Stove Guard International Ltd.
Automatic Stove Shut Off for “Plug-In” Stoves
CookStop uses patented Motion Sensing Technology to monitor movement in the cooking area. Once you power on your stove, the motion sensor goes into action, watching for movement in the cooking area. If no movement is detected, it will start counting down and turn the power to the stove if nobody returns to the kitchen within that pre-set time. The factory default in the Automatic Mode, (safest cooking mode) is 5 minutes. This time setting can be changed to as little as 30 seconds, like other settings, by using the Secure Key.
No other stove shut off device does what CookStop does!
- Turns the stove OFF if you forget
- Can be set to disable the stove completely
- Settings are adjustable and locked with secure key
- Installs quick and easy, without modifying the stove
- Will turn off the stove before the fire starts
- Adds value to you as a caregiver
Auto Timer Mode: The timer controls the amount of time before the stove shut off device shuts the power off to the stove once unattended or forgotten cooking is detected. The factory default setting is 5 minutes. You can set the time from 30 seconds to 99 minutes, depending on the users needs. We do not recommend setting this time for any longer than 8 minutes. 5 minutes is the most commonly used time setting, although some people will use time setting from 1 to 3 minutes.
Manual Timer Mode: A function called “Hold” can be enabled to allow for extended cooking times, say baking or cooking in the oven. This time can be set to any increment in minutes, up to 99 minutes. Once this pre-set time elapses, the CookStop will automatically revert back to the “Auto” mode to ensure highest safety setting. For safety purposes, it is recommended that this time not be set any higher than 30 minutes.
Audible Sound: This gives a warning to the user that the stove is about to shut off due to unattended or forgotten cooking.
Lock Out: The CookStop automatic stove shut off device was designed so that settings can be “Locked”, which makes it “Tamper-Proof”. Settings can be changed by using the “Secure Key”and can not be changed without it. This will stop the user from changing the time settings, or from trying to disable the device. You can use this feature to lock out the stove so that it will not be operational, during certain times of each day or night. For example: An elderly person with memory loss will not be able to get up in the middle of the night and turn on their stove.
Power Outage Recovery: In the event of a power outage, the CookStop will remember the last programmed settings, (for up to 7 days) and will go back to those settings once power is resumed.
Warranty: 1 Year
- Stove Compatibility: Electric with 3 or 4 Prong Power Plug, or Hard Wired Electric Cooktop
- Power Source: 220V Outlet
- Factory Default Auto Shut off Time: 5 minutes if no motion is detected (adjustable)
- Timer Mode Duration: In the timer mode, the motion sensor is eliminated, allowing for longer cooking times, (cooking a roast in the oven). In this mode you may set the time from 1 to 99 minutes. The device will revert back to the Auto Mode when timer setting has elapsed.
- Control Unit Dimensions: L 10″ x H 2″ x W 1″
- Power Box Dimensions: L 4.5″ x W 5.5″ H 2.5″
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 Year
3 Prong Power Box
Important Personal Safeguards
This device must be tested with the individual who requires the safety and adjusted to their personal needs. It should also be adjusted to the home environment to ensure proper functioning. Additional fire safety devices such as smoke detectors and fire extinguishers must also be used to ensure complete cooking fire safety.
- Power Box
- Electronic Monitoring Unit (EMU)
- 10 Foot Network Cable
- Mounting Bracket and Hardware
- Admin or User Key
- Installation and user manual
- Alarm Clocks
- Amplified Corded Phones
- Amplified Cordless Phones
- Automatic Stove Shut Off Devices
- Bed Shaker
- Control Unit for CookStop Automatic Stove Shut Off Device
- Hearing Aid Dryer and Refresher
- IP Cameras
- Keyboards for Low Vision
- Loud Phone Ringers
- Personal Amplifier
- Personal Assistance System
- Photo Phones
- Portable Magnifiers
- Products for Hearing Loss
- Products for Limited Mobility
- Products for Memory Loss
- Products for Vision Loss
- Replacement Motion Sensor Lens for electric control unit
- Signaler/Notification Systems
- Speech Amplification
- TV Listening